Word of the Year
A word of the year is simply a word or phrase that you use as an anchor to intentionally move throughout your day. I have done this for a few years and I really like it! This year, I’ve chosen the word STEADY. I want to be steady and consistent in all areas of my life….my health, my walk with God, my temperament and love for my husband and babies, and also in my business. After having the twins last year, I decided this year I need to focus on consistency and getting back into a solid routine!
Free Word of the Year Printable
I created this printable to help you intentionally focus on your word of the year! The set includes a 5×7 print, a 3×3 journaling card and 2 tags! You can use it just as it is or add some ribbons and embellishments like I did below to really make it your own!
Pin It For Later
Click here to download the printable! I hope you enjoy my this free printable! Make sure you share your creation on Facebook or Instagram and tag @liveoaknest! I’d love to see what you make.
How I Used The Printable
- I started by printing 2 copies of the printable. I used two of the 3×3 journaling cards to make a little pocket on the front of my page.
- Next I tore some old fabric scraps and part of an old hymn to layer onto the pocket.
- I used the Lia Griffith tiny envelope punch to create an envelope out of some old paper.
- After that, I glued that onto one of the tabs that is included in the printable.
- Next, I cut out a few phrases from an old hymnal and tucked them into the tiny envelope.
- To add a little more color, I glued some scrapbook paper around the page.
- After that I tied a few pieces of fabric scraps to the hole I punched at the top
- For the back, I printed and glued down some definitions for my word, along with some synonyms and scriptures.
- In order for it to fit into my A5 binder, I used my 6 hole punch so I could slip it on the rings.
- To add a little extra something to the back, I made a little tag using a quote I love and then added some torn paper to the bottom of it. I secured it using ribbon and my hole punch.
- Finally, I added a purple pom pom ribbon to the side as a finishing touch.
I love how it tuned out! Do you? This will be the first page in my binder so I see it every day. Hopefully it will remind me to remain steadfast in my efforts and goals this year!
Here’s to an intentional year, friends!