Come on over and view my Fall cottage home tour! It’s full of fall home decor inspiration and pretty fall home decor crafts and DIYs!
Fall Cottage Home Tour
Hello! So I know it’s a little too early to be sharing fall home decor inspiration….BUT stay with me for a minute. I noticed last year that by the time I created and shared my seasonal crafts and DIYs with you, that it was a little late in the game for you to have time to recreate them for the holidays.
So this year, I decided to get a little bit of a head start. I’m going to do Christmas in July this year on the blog and show some of the beautiful Christmas decor and ornaments that I made last year. I’ll also be sharing my Christmas home tour as well! Don’t worry, I’ll still be sharing more inspiration during the Fall and Christmas season this year. We will be in the new home for the holidays and I can’t wait to decorate and share it all with you!
All of that to say, I thought it would be best if I go ahead and share my Fall home tour before we head into all things Christmas next month. 😉
So let’s get to it! I love fall so much, and looking back at my home and all of the photos from last Fall really have me eager for the season to roll around again!
French Cottage FarmhousE
Fall Cottage Home Tour VideO
Fall Farmhouse Home Tour
I want to touch on a couple of pretty fall crafts and DIYs that you can spot in the home tour. First up are my DIY Fabric Pumpkins. How can you not love these little guys?! They are so dang cute and you can easily coordinate them to match your own home and fall colors! I typically make a few every year! I love keeping dried stems from my real pumpkins year-to-year and then using those stems on my fabric pumkins!
Next up is my cute blue and white buffalo check plaid pumpkin. I love buffalo check and I think it looks SO CUTE painted on faux pumpkins! The pumpkin in the video was an old styrofoam pumpkin. I pulled out the plastic stem and hot glued on a real, dried out, pumpkin stem in its place. I added a paper clay leaf using Iron Orchid Design moulds and then added on coordinating ribbon and button detail. You can paint your buffalo checks in any color! I have several grey ones that I did year before last, but the blue is probably my favorite.
Did you see the little stuffed fabric acorns sitting around on the table and the kitchen peg shelf? SERIOUSLY HOW CUTE ARE THEY?! I love these little guys so much! They are so simple and quick to make. I gathered several Bur Oak acorn caps last year and made several acorns using the blue and mustard color fabrics. I just think they turned out so so cute. You can add these to a little bowl, sprinkle a few in a vignette, or lay them around your fall table centerpiece!
I’ll be sharing how to make the wheat bundle with the blue ribbon this year, so be on the lookout for that. (Its sitting on the small table by the staircase in the video.)
fall home decor inspiration
As you’re gathering ideas and inspiration for your fall decor, here are a few things that I like to incorporate in my own fall home decor. (I’ll link some of my favorites at the end of this blog post.)
- Pull in natural dried florals and stems. I love using dried wheat, corn husks, and bunny tails in wreaths, arrangements, and fall vignettes.
- Pull out your old pumpkins and paint them! Chalk paint is basically the greatest thing ever invented for decor enthusiasts and crafters! I love applying chalk paint to dated pumpkins. Layer the paint on with similar colors to add character and depth!
- Switch out pillow covers and add in coordinating, cozy throw blankets. This is such an easy way to change the feel of a room and it brings so much warmth to a space.
- Light a seasonal candle. Antique Candle Co. candles will NEVER let you down, friend! I absolutely love their seasonal scents, and their fall candles are some of my absolute favorites. Nothing makes a place cozier than the aroma of fall!
What is your favorite part about my fall home decor from last year? I have to say, I just LOVE the blue and mustard color palette and I’m so tempted to use it again this year.
you might also enjoy
- Fall Cottage Home Tour
- Set a beautiful fall tablescape with these darling DIY fabric pumpkins.
- How To Create A Fabric Pumpkin in 5 Steps
- Create a simple, little white pumpkin centerpiece for your fall tablescape.
shop this post
This post contains affiliate links, which provide me with a small compensation when you purchase items through my links. Thank you so much for supporting my business!