Building A Nest, Chapter Three. Come on over as I share the new build process and journey from start to finish for our new home and nest!
Building a nest, chapter three
It has been hot and dry here in Dallas, Texas the last several weeks and they have really been able to get so much done. As of today, the outside has been bricked and painted, and the inside has been sheetrocked, taped, textured, tiled, and cabinets, doors, and trim and have gone in! Can you believe it?! This week the interior will get its first coat of paint.
If all goes as planned, we will be moving in about two months! Which means I really need to get busy and get our townhome ready to sell and start getting some things packed up!
Building A Nest, Chapter Three
Writing Scriptures on home Frame
I saw this amazing idea on Pinterest several years ago, so when our home frame went up, I knew I wanted to write some scriptures on the studs! We had our pre-sheetrock meeting one morning and then that afternoon we went back out to the house with the kids and wrote scriptures all throughout the home.
Here are a few pictures of some of the scriptures we decided on!
Scriptures for new construction
And here is a list of the scriptures I used in case you’re looking to write scriptures on your new construction frame too!
- May the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you, may the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. Numbers 24-26 (This is the scripture we read over the kids at their baby dedication so we wrote this one over the doorway to their room.)
- They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts. Acts 2:4-6
- God is with her she will not fail. Psalm 46: 5
- My cup overflows with your blessings. Psalm 23:5
- Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
- Peace be in this house. Luke 10:5
- Love is patient, love is kind. 1 Corinthians 13
- The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep you safe. He will protect you as you come and go, now and forever! Psalm 121:8
- Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Ephesians 4:2
- Give us clean hands and pure hearts. Psalm 24:4
- As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
- His mercies are new every morning! Lamentations 3:23
- Where you go I’ll go, where you stay, I will stay. Ruth 1:16
- I have found the one whom my soul loves. Song of Solomon 3:4
Building a nest, chapter three
The exterior brick went up pretty quickly! Because our home is being painted, we were able to go with a standard red brick which help keep things moving. Other homes in the community that have stone on the exterior or specialty brick have been delayed for months due to delays in orders. I’m so glad we were able to paint the house too! And of course, I chose white! The cedar beams over the windows will stay cedar. I love how they look! (Keep on scrolling to see the home painted!)
After they finished bricking, they sheetrocked and taped everything on the interior. Then our kitchen cabinets went in! All the cabinets will be white, and the island will be a warm grey.
And a few days after that, they started laying down tile! We went with a wood look tile in pretty much the entire house. I LOVE the color of the tile I picked. I was a little nervous to see what it would look like all together since I picked my selection from one piece of tile at the Design Center. But I feel like it’s the perfect color! It brings warmth to the home without adding in those deep red and orange tones. It’s also not quite as dark as the wood we have in our townhome, which is good. I wanted something a little lighter. Now just picture it with some beautiful rugs layered in! Do you like it?
The bedrooms will all be carpet and that will be installed near the very end of the process. Our bathroom tile is white with grey marbling and the two other bathroom have a light grey tile. Isn’t it pretty! I love the size of the tiles too. The shower walls will have a large subway-ish looking tile that has a wavy texture to it.
White Painted brick Exterior
While the tile was being installed, they also finished painting the exterior. Can you even believe the difference painting the house made?! Oh my goodness y’all! I just LOVE IT SO MUCH! The white brick with the cedar accents!!!!! AHHHHHH……it’s what all my home dreams are made of!
So the garage doors will be white with black metal accents. And a large cedar beam will go above the garage doors. Can’t you just picture it with the driveway and a pretty little yard with a flower bed in front?!
After seeing the house painted and the doors and trim installed, it feels like we will be moving in no time! And seeing it this far along just makes me SO EXCITED to get moved! I feel like now all the fun things will start to go in. And then comes the real fun of decorating once we get moved in!