I’m going to show you how to create a DIY no sew fabric heart in five simple steps! These fabric hearts are so sweet for Valentines day and can be used to decorate in so many ways! You can use them as bowl fillers, atop a place setting, as a banner, or dangling from a door knob or peg rack. No needle and thread needed for this fun Valentine craft!
Valentines DIY Craft
Pin It For Later
DIY No Sew Fabric Heart Craft
These little heart cuties are so simple and fun to make! Pick fabric colors that match your decor, then decorate with them for Valentines day or leave a few out year round.
Gather Supplies for Valentine Heart
- Fabric of your choice
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Poly-fil to stuff the heart
- Ribbon or fabric to create the hanger
- Needle and thread to create a banner
DIY No Sew Fabric Heart In 5 Steps
- Step One: Cut out a heart using scrap paper or cardboard. Draw one side of the heart and the fold vertically where the middle of the heart will be. Trim around the heart and you’ll have 2 identical sides! My heart template was about 6″ wide by 5″ tall.
- Step Two: Use your pattern to trace and trim out your fabric heart shapes.
- Step 3: Stack the front and back heart together so they line up. Peel one side back and run a bead of hot glue along the outside edge. Continue all the way around the heart leaving 2-3 inches open so you can fill the heart with Poly-fil.
- Step 4: Fill your heart with Poly-fil and then push the stuffing back and seal up the heart with hot glue.
- Step 5: To create a hanging heart, simple hot glue ribbon or a thin strip of fabric onto each top side of the heart. To create a banner, use a needle to string thread through the hearts.
That’s all there is to it! These no sew fabric hearts are so simple and so cute! I loved using this mauve plaid flannel fabric to create my hearts. It goes perfectly with my mauve ruffle linen tea towels that you can purchase in my boutique! (I love these ruffle tea towels so much and use them all the time! )
DIY No Sew Fabric Heart
How-to Video Tutorial
Decorating With Fabric Hearts For Valentines Day
There are so many cute ways to decorate your home with these hearts. Here are a few ways I’m using my fabric hearts for Valentines day!
What do you think about these stuffed fabric hearts? Do you do any sort of decorating for Valentines? Ill talk to y’all soon for a Valentine’s Day Tablescape!
You May Also Enjoy
Shop This post
This post contains affiliate links, which provides me with a small compensation when you purchase items through my links at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting my business!