Let’s create a prayer strategy for purity! Join me as we walk through the book of prayer strategies, Fervent by Priscilla Shirer.
Pin It For Later
Have you put together your prayer strategy for your fears? I hope so!
If you’re just joining us, come on in! We’re working through the book, Fervent by Priscilla Shirer. If you want to purchase the book you can do so through this affiliate link by clicking here.
10 Fervent Prayer Strategies
This book outlines 10 different prayer strategies and encourages you to craft your own prayer for each strategy.
- My Passion
- My Focus
- My Identity
- My Family
- My Past
- My Fears
- My Purity
- My Pressures
- My Hurts
- My Relationships
This week we are moving on to Prayer Strategy number seven, your purity!
Prayer Strategy For Purity
What is purity? Purity is the condition or quality of being pure; freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, pollutes etc.
Anything that contaminates or pollutes our hearts and our relationship with God is impure. We’re not just talking about sexual impurity. As Priscilla mentions in the book, impurity can be a moral compromise, an unhealthy habit, and also an enticing addition. We can have impure thoughts, speak impure words, and do impure things.
“If I were your enemy, I’d tempt you toward certain sins, making you believe they are basically (even biologically) unavoidable. I’d study your tendencies and proclivities till I learned the precise conditions that make you the most likely to indulge them. And then I’d strike right there. Again and again. Wear you down. Because if I can’t separate you from God forever, I can at least set you at odds with Him for the time being. ”— Fervent By Priscilla Shirer
Impurity Hinders Our Relationship With God
I love this verse, Priscilla shared in the book. Isaiah 59:1-2 says, “Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear; but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.” Impure thoughts and actions (sin) separate us from God.
“Impure living, impure thinking, impure relationships, impure affections – upside down living – creates the perfect environment and breeding ground for demonic activity. It invites him in and then fosters the perfect place for his turmoil and trouble to thrive. God calls us to purity because He wants your heart protected and at rest, inhospitable to the devil and his intentions. ”— Fervent By Priscilla Shirer
Create A Prayer Strategy For Purity
Consider adding these scriptures to your prayer strategy for your fears. If you’re following along in the book you can find these scriptures, plus more, on pages 129-131.
- There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. – Roman 8:1-2
- Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace. -Roman 6:12-14
- Walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. – Galatians 5:16
- My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
- No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
- The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation. 2 Peter 2:9
Grab your Prayer Journal and craft your prayer strategy for your IDENTITY. If you don’t have the book or a journal to use, I created this Fervent Prayer Strategies Journal for you! You can download and print it to create a journal of your own. Simply click here to sign up for my free digital downloads library. The pages are 5 x 8, so you can staple them together and make a little journal, or trim them down and add them to your current journal or war binder using washi tape!
Want to learn more about war binders? This post What is a war binder and how do I create one? will answer all of your questions!
My Personal Prayer Strategy For Purity
As I mentioned before, I’ll be sharing my prayers with you to serve as inspiration as you work to craft your very own! Here is the prayer strategy I wrote in my war binder, for my purity.
You can download all 10 of my personal prayers when you join my free digital downloads library.
I’m praying for you as you work to craft a prayer for your purity. See you next week as we dive into prayer strategy number eight on pressure.
Rooted in the love of Jesus,
You Might Also Enjoy
Some of the brand links I share are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. These links provide me with a small compensation (at no additional cost to you) when you purchase items through my links.