Let’s create a prayer strategy for identity! Join me as we walk though the book of prayer strategies, Fervent by Priscilla Shirer.
Pin It For Later
Have you put together your prayer strategy for focus? This week we are moving on to Prayer Strategy number three, Identity! If you’re just joining us, come on in! We’re working through the book, Fervent by Priscilla Shirer. If you want to purchase the book you can do so through this affiliate link by clicking here.
Prayer Strategy For Identity
Our identity is who we are in Christ. Identity is the fact of being who or what a person or thing is. Our identity is who we are. I know this prayer strategy will be one I go back to often. It is so easy to tie our worth or place our identity in things other than Jesus Christ when the enemy is constantly trying to make us feel less than worthy and/or tie our worth to worldly things like money or success.
As Priscilla says in the book, “Fervent prayer keeps your true identity in focus. It reminds us of who we really are and taps into the power we really have in Christ.” When we start to believe the lies of the enemy, we stop believing who we are in Christ. And if you’ve ever felt less than, not worthy, incapable, unqualified, or not good enough, then the enemy has been hard at work trying to make you feel like anything other than a daughter of the King.
We are quick to compare ourselves to one another and that can be so dangerous? Maybe we wish we looked like someone else, had their talents, their career, or even their life. So how do we combat those feelings? We fill our hearts with the truth. Go ahead and turn your Bible to Ephesians Chapter 1 and read through verses 1-23. (Page 58 in the book.) You should pick up on some of the attributes of who we are in Christ.
Who We Are In Christ
- equipped through Christ with every spiritual blessing
- chosen in him before the foundation of the world
- adopted through the kind intention of His will
- redeemed and forgiven, lavished with grace
- recipients of a glorious inheritance in heaven
- secured forever by the Holy Spirit of promise
- I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works. Ref. Ephesians 2:10
- I am a joint-heir with Christ. Ref. Romans 8:17
- I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people. Ref. 1 Peter 2:9
- I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood. Ref. Ephesians 1:7
- I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude. Ref. Colossians 2:7
- I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved. Ref Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4
- I am loved. Ref. 1 John 4:10
Add some of these scriptures to your war binder so you can recite them to yourself. The more we can speak these affirmations aloud, the better chance they have of becoming imprinted on our hearts! When we’re rooted in truth, we are much less likely to believe the lies of the enemy.
“The farther he can separate your practical reality from your true, living reality, he can wedge himself into the space between the two and short-circut the free-flowing effectiveness of your influence as a wife, mom, a friend, a daughter, a sister — all the relationships where God has placed you to be a light of His grace, His power, His love, His well-placed confidence. ”— Fervent By Priscilla Shirer
Made In The Image Of God
God needs us to know who we are in him so we can boldly go forth and do the work he has called us to. So let’s stop allowing the enemy to determine our worth and cripple our confidence. We are made in the image of God. He has called us and chosen each of us for a specific purpose. Do not let the enemy come between you and God’s will for you life!
Create A Prayer Strategy For Identity
Are you ready to root your identity in Christ? Consider adding some of these scriptures into your prayer strategy. You can find these scriptures in the book on pages 68-70.
- We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. -Ephesians 2:10
- Look to the rock from which you were hewn and to the quarry from which you were dug. -Isaiah 51:1
- Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me. -Isaiah 49:16
- You are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possessions, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. -1 Peter 2:9
Grab you Prayer Journal and craft your prayer strategy for your IDENTITY. If you don’t have the book, or a journal to use, I created this Fervent Prayer Strategies Journal for you! You can download and print it to create a journal of your own. Simply click here to sign up for my free Downloads of the Heart, digital library. The pages are 5 x 8, so you can staple them together and make a little journal, or trim them down and add them to your current journal or war binder using washi tape!
Want to learn more about war binders? This post What is a war binder and how do I create one? will answer all of your questions!
My Personal Prayer Strategy for Identity
As I mentioned last week, I’ll be sharing my prayers with you to serve as inspiration as you work to craft your very own! Here is my prayer for my identity. Join my newsletter to gain access to my Downloads for the Heart library so you can download my prayer strategy booklet which contains all of my personal prayers!
I’m praying for you as you work to reclaim your identity in Christ! See you next week as we dive into prayer strategy number four on FAMILY!
Rooted in the love of Jesus,
You Might Also Enjoy
The brand links I share are affiliate links. These links provide me with a small compensation when you purchase items through my links at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting Live Oak Nest!