Let’s create a prayer strategy for focus! Join me as we walk though the book of prayer strategies, Fervent by Priscilla Shirer.
Pin It For Later
Have you put together your prayer strategy for passion? I hope so! This week we are moving on to Prayer Strategy number two, Focus! If you’re just joining us, come on in! We’re working through the book, Fervent by Priscilla Shirer. If you want to purchase the book you can do so through this affiliate link by clicking here. (This post contains an affiliate link, which provides me with a small compensation when you purchase your book through my link. Thank you so much for supporting my small business!)
Prayer Strategy For Focus
Focus is the center of interest or activity. It is also the state or quality of having or producing clear visual definition. I feel like this Prayer Strategy is very important and relevant, especially in the world we live in today. Good or bad, we live in a fast paced environment, and I’d be willing to bet most of us are being pulled in a million different directions. And because we have so much going on, our attention span is limited, and our focus is divided. So why is praying for focus so important?
“If I were your enemy, I’d disguise myself and manipulate your perspectives so that you’d focus on the wrong culprit— your husband, your friend, your hurt, your finances, anything or anyone except me. ”— Fervent By Priscilla Shirer
Focus on Jesus.
When we are not focused on Jesus, we lose our perspective, joy, and hope. We need to prioritize spending time with God, serving Him, and loving the people He has placed in out path. THIS IS OUR PURPOSE! And to do that and do it well, requires focus!
Priscilla says “The false ideologies of the culture (obsession with appearance, perceptions of worth, the redefinition of the family, all of it) have not been developed by chance. Don’t believe it for a second. The temptations that appeal to your specific desires (and the fact that they appear at your weakest, most vulnerable moments) are not accidental. The disharmony and dysfunction that either blow up or simmer beneath your most valuable relationships are not coincidental. None of these things is a matter of happenstance.”
The enemy wants us distracted.
He wants us focused on anything but God. Ephesians 6:12 says, “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood (what you can see), but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places (what you can’t see). I love what Priscilla says about this.
Prayer is a reminder to yourself, as well as a declaration to the enemy, that you know he’s there. That you’re on to him. When you bring your concerns and fears and irritations to the Lord in prayer, you’re aligning your weakling spirit with the full force of God’s Holy Spirit.”— Fervent By Priscilla Shirer
Staying focused on God.
Consider adding these scriptures to your prayer strategy. These scriptures, plus more, are listed in the book on pages 51-53 if you’re following along.
- I am convinced that nothing can ever seperate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today or worries about tomorrow–not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below –indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39, NLT
- I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me. You refused to let my enemies triumph over me. Psalm 30:1, NLT
- Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise. Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me. Mic. 7:8
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; you will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. Psalm 138:7
- Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Matthew 6:13, KJV
- The Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thess. 3:3
Create A Prayer For Your Focus
Grab you Prayer Journal and craft your prayer strategy for PASSION. If you don’t have the book, or a journal to use, I created this Fervent Prayer Strategies Journal for you! You can download and print it to create a journal of your own. Simply click here to sign up for my free Downloads of the Heart, digital library. The pages are 5 x 8, so you can staple them together and make a little journal, or trim them down and add them to your current journal or war binder using washi tape!
Want to learn more about war binders? This post What is a war binder and how do I create one? will answer all of your questions!
My Personal Prayer
As I mentioned last week, I’ll be sharing my prayers with you to serve as inspiration as you work to craft your very own! Here is my prayer for focus.
I’m praying for you as you work to recover and maintain your focus on God and His will! See you next week as we dive into prayer strategy number three on IDENTITY!
Rooted in the love of Jesus,
You Might Also Enjoy
Some of the brand links I share are affiliate links. These links provide me with a small compensation when you purchase items through my links at no additional cost to you.